Club Ideas from Elementary Students

Have you ever wondered what the elementary students have thought of our K-8? Well, I have. This week I interviewed both second and fourth graders about these questions:

What clubs you would like to see in the future?

What do you do you think we should improve about our school?

What do you like about our school?

I thought seeing what elementary students want to improve about our school is important since hey, we’ll be here for a while.  I also thought the middle schoolers get their voices heard a lot so we could give the elementary schoolers a chance to do the same.

A lot of what the second and fourth graders wanted for clubs was soccer or basketball club or team through the school. I think this is a great idea because if you can’t afford playing rec in the neighborhood you could do it through the school for free. I am not saying this will happen, I just feel like it would be cool if it did.

For the question what do you think we should improve about our school? A lot of the fourth graders said they wanted a longer lunch. I know already that that this is not possible because all public seattle public schools have to follow the same lunch schedule. But I it was still a good idea.  Some of the other club ideas included National Quarters collect (I don’t really know what you would do in this club. Collect quarters?). Volleyball club was an idea that came up a lot. You would practice volleyball in this club, and it would be all elementary. One of my favorite ideas was decorating clubs, the idea for this club is that you would decorate the school.

If you want to start a club or talk about something you feel needs improvement on you can always talk to Mr. Gray our priceable and Ms. Eckert, our vice principal. It was fun to get to talk to the elementary students and when you get the opportunity to you should too!